Summer Intern 2019 ??R&D Technician Intern
Who are we?
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective?therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. When you intern at Allergan, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn?t just welcomed, it?s encouraged. You will gain hands on experience that will help you grow both professionally and personally. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight. Power your future & join our bold team.
Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
Each summer, we offer internship programs for college and university students to join Allergan. It?s an opportunity for you ?to engage in a meaningful work environment. Students will gain valuable hands-on, real -world work experience that will help prepare you for the next step in your career. The intern will work ?for 10 or 12 weeks under the supervision of one or more mentors on projects.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
The technician intern will be working alongside members of the Cell Culture Department. The intern will train on skills required for aseptically maintaining fibroblast cell cultures in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (cGDP) as directed by manufacturing schedules. Additional training includes proper maintenance of a cleanroom environment and surrounding supporting manufacturing areas, preparation of materials and maintenance of equipment related to cell culture processing.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university and in good academic standing.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors?degree
- Must have valid U.S. work authorization without the need for sponsorship by the company.?
- Must be able to work for 10 or 12 weeks for the duration of the internship.
- No relocation, transportation, or housing assistance will be provided
- Strong attention to detail, good organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to handle multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
Associated topics: ear piercing, medical technologist, operational staff, operator, pharmacy technician, service detailer, service support, tech, technical, technician