Bachelor's degree and valid Texas teaching certificate.
* Instructional Strategies - Plan, develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district's instructional program and show written evidence of preparations as required; prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student abilities and learning styles; linguistically accommodate instruction as appropriate for English language learners; coordinate with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
* Student Growth and Development - Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits; help improve the achievement of all students; conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing and provide remediation as appropriate to ensure student mastery; assume responsibility and sponsor extracurricular activities as appropriate.
* Classroom Management and Organization - Create a classroom environment conducive to active and successful student learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students; manage student behavior.
* Communication - Establish and maintain effective open communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators; participate in staff professional development activities.
* Professional Growth and Development - Participate in staff development activities to improve job related skills; comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers; and attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Conserve electricity as outlined in the districts energy management plan.
* Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, guidelines and procedures.
* Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
* Knowledge of subjects assigned, including current research.
* Skill in effectively managing a classroom and student behavior.
* Skill in communicating effectively with others.
* Skill in modifying instruction for various student needs.
* Skill in working with various forms of equipment including, but not limited to, personal computers, calculators, projectors, and printers.
* Skill in working with computer tools, including but not limited to, email, Internet, word processing and spreadsheets.
* Skill in working in collaborative team-based environments.
Working Conditions (Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Demands):
Maintain emotional control under stress; must be able to lift and/or carry at least 30 lbs.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required. The district shall not fail or refuse to hire or discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Nor shall the district limit, segregate, or classify its employees or applicants for employment in any way that would deprive or tend to deprive an individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status as an employee because of the individual's race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Associated topics: chief, dean, direct, executive manager, high school superintendent, middle school principal, principal, student, superintendent, vice principal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.