* Work with administrative staff to develop, coordinate, and deliver professional growth activities in content and program areas.
* Provide one-on-one teacher assistance in content and program areas.
* Develop strategic intervention methods that provide instructional support for students functioning below grade level in content and program areas.
* Provide focused, sustained training that assists teachers in meeting data-driven, collaboratively determined instructional goals in content and program areas.
* Interface with all appropriate departments and personnel to ensure program coordination, implementation in content and program areas and student success.
* Participate in professional development as required to perform and improve required skills in content and program areas.
* Participate in curriculum development and revisions in content and program areas.
* Assist teachers in obtaining instructional materials for curriculum development and implementation.
* Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
* All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
* Three years of directly related teaching experience
* Bachelor's degree in specified content area; valid Texas teacher certificate; Master's degree preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work with multi-ethnic populations in an urban multicultural setting.
* Demonstrated excellent communication in written and oral form and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community, district staff members, parents and the public
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director, Human Resources.
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer - Human Capital Management. Federally funded personnel must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certifications, as appropriate.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/HDallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).
Associated topics: biology, calculus, celestial mechanics, cell, chemistry, college of natural sciences, geoscience, microbiology, oceanography, physics