This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
* Students Matter * Inspire Excellence * Act Intentionally * Better Together * No Fear! * Trust!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's \"Great Colleges to Work For\" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC-Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
Position responsible for teaching summer children's camps. Continuing Education Adjunct instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System and student demand.
* Teaches courses in the Discovery College Summer Program * Creates engaging lessons that promote student involvement and application of the material * Submits required college reports and forms in a timely manner * Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines * Supervises all children indoors and outdoors using positive feedback * Maintains a safe and healthy classroom environment * Documents all accidents and incidents on appropriate forms * Ensures that the Discovery College Coordinator has copies of all lesson plans, supply lists and syllabi to facilitate classes in case of instructor absence * Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, students, parents and the general public. * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. * Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and to provide a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
* Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment * Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position * Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards * Hours will vary depending on class time; Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the \"attachments\" tab. Click on the \"add\" tab. Click \"Browse\" and select the file you want to attach. Then click \"attach.\" It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related area, will consider equivalent work experience
* At least 2 years of teaching experience in an elementary or middle school setting OR at least 3 years of teaching experience in a camp, science or children's museum, or education department of a zoo or aquarium
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check. Associated topics: accountant ii, admin, admin secretary, administrative assistant, administrative support, adminv, analyst, information analyst, relations, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.