* Admissions Advisors assist both new FTIC and transfer students during their first semester through the entire admission process through registration for the first semester (application, document collection and scanning, test result interpretation, advising on first semester of courses, and first semester registration). * Advise prospective students and families about the admissions process. * Advise students about basic academic requirements, help with first semester course selection, and register student for first semester courses. * Input immunization records, high school and college transcripts, and test scores to update student's admissions status. * Assist students with planning their educational goals for the first semester. * Review and interpret placement and other standardized test scores, unofficial transcripts, and course pre-requisites. * Monitor student registration activities and recommend solutions to academic difficulties. * Refer students to the appropriate specialized staff for such issues as disability services, counseling, financial assistance, tutoring, etc. * Participate in the presentation of orientations for the first-time college student. * Maintain systematic and frequent contact with advisees. * Understand the institution's interpretation of FERPA rules of the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent communication, proof-reading, grammar and spelling skills. * Adapt to changes in policies and procedures. * Must be able to work unsupervised and multitask in a fast-paced office environment. * Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel & PowerPoint. * Customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent coursework.
* 2 years of office experience in a college/educational environment or related education/training. * Team-oriented with the ability to work well with other staff members in the development.
* Knowledge of Banner Student modules. * Knowledge of current Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules and regulations. * In-depth knowledge of and ability to enforce institutional policies and procedures. * Understanding of FERPA law. * Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary Grade: 18
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule