This is a part-time student assistant position working with the Director of Student and Parent Engagement and the Executive Director, Emerging Teacher Institute, which will allow students to:
* Work within a professional team environment and gain valuable leadership skills.
* Deploy marketing strategies to reach outcomes
* Utilize technology to design and produce high quality marketing content
* Refine and strengthen public speaking skills.
* Develop relationships with area school district and community college leaders and teachers, parents, and community-based organizations
* Gain practical work experience in career areas of education, public relations, networking and student recruitment. Learn and hone valuable office skills.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
* Responsible for managing our Emerging Teacher Institute social media channels and production of new marketing content for publication on our webpage, for recruiting events, and for fliers.
* Leading recruitment sessions and attending recruitment events (e.g. speaking at classes at area schools, working at booths at recruiting events, etc.)
* Assist with daily office responsibilities such as work in Microsoft Office programs, receiving inbound calls, networking to schedule recruitment events.
* Ongoing communication with potential teacher candidates and parents; assist to connect candidates with advisors and student support at UNT Dallas.
* Must be able to work in very fast-paced environment, multitask and work independently.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.Minimum Qualifications
Currently enrolled University student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
* Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
* Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
* Responsible, reliable and punctual.
* Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.Preferred Qualifications
* UNT Dallas student currently working towards certification in the Teacher Education program Minimum 3.00 GPA
* Must have good organizational skills
* Exceptional Spanish written and oral skills.Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Associated topics: assistant principal, dean, direct, director, elementary vice principal, executive management, executive manager, high school superintendent, principal, school principal